The Work of Byron Katie
“I discovered that when I believed my thoughts, I suffered, but that when I didn’t believe them, I didn’t suffer, and that this is true for every human being. Freedom is as simple as that. I found that suffering is optional. I found a joy within me that has never disappeared, not for a single moment. That joy is in everyone, always.”
“Byron Katie’s Work is a great blessing for our planet. The root cause of suffering is the identification with our thoughts, the “stories” that are continuously running through our minds. The Work acts like a razor-sharp sword that cuts through that illusion and enables you to know for yourself the timeless essence of your being.”
The Work of Byron Katie is a simple and powerful method of inquiry into stressful thoughts about people or situations. In this way you can understand what it is that really hurts you and the cause of your problems. People who do The Work of Byron Katie as an ongoing practice commonly report;
- Alleviation of depression: Find resolution, even happiness, in situations that were once debilitating.
- Decreased stress: Learn how to live with less anxiety or fear.
- Improved relationships: Experience deeper connection and intimacy with your partner, your parents, your children, your friends, and yourself.
- Reduced anger: Understand what makes you angry and resentful, and become less reactive, less often, with less intensity.
- Increased mental clarity: Live and work more intelligently and effectively, with integrity.
- More energy: Experience a new sense of ongoing vigour and well-being.
- More peace: Discover how to become “a lover of what is.” (from www.thework.com)
Tarık Tekman is a graduate of The School For The Work of Byron Katie and facilitates The Work of Byron Katie face to face in Cyprus and Istanbul, or onSkype/WhatsApp from wherever you are.